District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Instructor Leader, Center for Surface Combat Systems Unit Great Lakes
General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics is seeking Instructor Leaders in support of the Center for Surface Combat Systems in following locations and quantities:
a. Four (4) Instructor Leaders in support of Aegis Training and Readiness Center Dahlgren VA
b. One (1) Instructor Leader in support of CSCS Unit Great Lakes; Chicago IL
c. One (1) Instructor Leader in support of CSCS DET East; Norfolk VA
d. One (1) Instructor Leader in support of CSCS DET West; San Diego CA
1. Leads and manages Tier 4 instructors and below at respective site
2. Develops; tests; maintains; and delivers moderately complex Navy Combat System's training programs and courses in support of U.S. Surface Navy Platforms including Aegis and SSDS platforms in support of CSCS.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions in support of Combat Systems Training and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
5. Instructor Leader / Subject Matter Expert supports Full Course Reviews; Updates Curriculum; and changes IAW NAVEDTRA directives; providing feedback and tracking of items; conduct training analysis; and recommendation for Course improvement. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Observes; Mentors ; and formally assesses Practice and Certification Teaches of Tier 4 and below instructors; provide recommendation for Qualification Tracks and manages and reviews the Training Teachers Qualifications and Certifications for their sites in accordance with NAVEDTRA 135; making assignments for qualifications and providing dynamic assessment and provides formal appraisal for process improvement for the Teaching Team
7. Conducts research into new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Develops position descriptions; reviews resumes and conducts interviews of prospective employees Tier IV and below.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
12. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
13. Provides work leadership to lower level employees; including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. May serve as technical team or task lead.
15. Conducts research into new training; educational; and multimedia technologies.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Ten (10) years relevant experience with Surface Navy Combat Systems including Aegis (AWS; SPY-1; WCS; SQQ-89) or SSDS; as an instructor with responsibility for teaching the system to others and managing and leading other instructors. 2. Four (4) years relevant experience as an instructor in a Naval Training Environment; to include writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction; and counseling students on academic learning problems.
10 years of directly related experience in the development and support of U.S. Navy Combat System Technical and Tactical training programs. Ideal candidate will have 4-8 years of experience in Navy Training Environment including conventional podium instruction in Navy school house; experience as a member of Center for Surface Combat Systems Mobile Training Team or Afloat Training Group / Tactical Training Group. Fleet-shipboard operational CSTT experience is considered as component of the Navy Training Environment
Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Great Lakes, IL - Illinois
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics