District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Combat System Instructor Tier 1, CSCS UNIT Great Lakes
General Dynamics Information Technology
Develops; organizes; and conducts training and educational programs for Fleet sailors at Center for Surface Combat Systems Unit Great Lakes including U.S. Navy A schools. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support maintenance training to the element level; as well as training on the operational employment of U.S. Navy Combat Systems. These positions require trainers with passion for sailors and Fleet readiness.
1. Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
2. Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical Doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation.
3. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
4. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
5. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
6. Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of CSCS training objectives.
7. Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
8. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
9. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree (Arts or Sciences) in a related technical discipline (Desired not Required) ; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience totaling at least 3 years of experience and training.
1. Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician supervisor or operator supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment.
2. One (1) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
CSTT experience as trainer desired. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Great Lakes, IL - Illinois
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics