District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Princ Analyst, Configuration
General Dynamics Information Technology
Provides configuration management support to assigned projects.
1. Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
2. Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness; proper authorizations; and system updates.
3. Performs various audits and documents results.
4. Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of military standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
5. Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
6. Participates in design reviews; audits; scheduling; budgeting; etc.
7. Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
8. Develops and implements new processes.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
10. May serve as technical team or task leader.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training or work experience.
8-10 years of related configuration management experience.
Configuration Management SME - Perform Configuration Management (CM) and oversight of the IT infrastructure through the utilization of System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) software for asset identification; documentation; creating; and maintaining a configuration baseline for IT systems. * Establish and maintain CM records. * Track and control changes to information systems and subsystems * Create and maintain documentation of CM processes and work instruction. * Perform audits and analyze audit results * Respond to data calls requiring CM information; coordinate CM efforts with Configuration Control Boards (CCB); and technical personnel to plan installations; transitions; and testing of hardware; software; utilities; and capabilities.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Crane, IN - Indiana
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics