District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Principal Electrical Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology
Designs; evaluates; plans; tests; and operates electrical; electronic; mechanical; and/or computer components; equipment and systems.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design; evaluation; planning; testing and operation of electrical; electronic; mechanical; and/or computer components; equipment and systems for commercial; government; military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients functional requirements.
4. Reviews; writes; and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Develops research & development plans.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task lead.
8. Makes changes to methods; design or equipment where necessary.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Masters Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline; electrical engineering; systems engineering; physics; or a similar field that includes training in digital signal processing.
8-10 years of related engineering experience.
Candidates shall have experience in performing acoustical measurements and understanding the effects of absorption; reverberation; diffraction and refraction on underwater measurement results. The candidate shall be responsible for acquiring and maintaining expert knowledge of all acoustical aspects of the ISMS underwater test range including acquisition; calibration; and processing systems. Position requires experience with C and Matlab programming including software development process and source code control. Position requires knowledge of transducer design and calibration; acoustic systems modeling; digital signal processing; systems programming; and configuration management. Working knowledge of digital filter design; Fourier analysis; waveform design is essential. Knowledge of acoustical measurements including radiated noise; near-field / far-field effects; target strength; and structural acoustics are desirable. Experience with UNIX is useful.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Bayview, ID - Idaho
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics