District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Sr Engineer, Field
General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics is seeking a professional and enthusiastic individual to join the Physical Security team. In this role, the Physical Security Engineer- Lead will support GDIT's security systems integration department, which specializes in consulting, designing, project management, installation, and service of small to large and enterprise integrated Security Access Control and Video Surveillance systems.
• Performing as the technical lead in all security systems survey ,design & Install related activities.
• Establishing technical criteria and instructing staff on the processes involved in the physical survey of security systems & equipment functionality. To include surveys facilities and develops site specific schematics, bill of materials, and subsequent construction drawings (floor plans, room plans, and rack elevation/equipment drawings).
• Analyze building floor plan diagrams, engineering drawings, and technical specifications to plan, coordinate, and carryout the installation activities outlined in site-specific installation plans. Installation experience of wire, reading blueprints, mounting system panels and devices, and wiring circuit and electrical connections for access control, Video Surveillance, and detection systems.
• Technical expertise on structured cabling and infrastructure pathway installation projects Generating proper documentation throughout all phases of a project including closeout.
• Candidate must have an instructor level of knowledge related to security technologies including but not limited to:
o Video surveillance and related technologies.
o Access control and related technologies (biometrics, readers, panels, locks, etc)
o Closed circuit IP-based camera video systems, access control, and intercom systems.
o LAN/WAN networks.
Bachelor's Degree in Telecomm Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of training, certifications, work and/or military experience.
• 5-8 years of experience designing, installing and servicing intergraded security and access/video systems. In-depth knowledge of Commercial Standards, Telcordia (formally Bellcore), RUS, BICSI, and federal government specifications applicable to the contract.
• Experience designing & installing IP cameras and/or NVRs.
• Experience designing, installing and terminating CAT 5/6 and Fiber Optic cable.
• Understanding of and experience working with electrical circuits.
• Ability to work independently, manage projects, and exercise judgement in reaching solutions.
• Ability to establish rapport and motivate associates at all levels in an effective manner.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong mechanical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
• Ability to work safely and responsibly to avoid injury/property damage, while maintaining a clean work area.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver.
Relevant industry certification(s) are highly desirable:
• Vindicator, Pro Watch, Lenel, GE, ONSSI, or RS2 certifications are a plus.
• Pelco, Axis, Sony, Bosch Camera certification are a plus.
• VICADS, Nice, Genetec, Exacq Video Management Experience are a plus.
Physical Demand & Working Environment
While performing the duties of this position, individuals may be required to stand for extended periods of time using handheld equipment and power tools. This position also requires the ability to spend time walking, standing, and touring medical and other facilities. May lift and carry up to 50lbs. May encounter frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Oklahoma City, OK - Oklahoma
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics