District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
TOP SECRET Cleared VTC Operator
General Dynamics Information Technology
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed Unified Communications (UC) Operator to join our growing team. This team supports mission-critical media operations and communications for our government customer that is responsible for local and global law enforcement and intelligence efforts.
The UC Operator will be responsible for supporting communication events, and facilitating and coordinating connections of various media resources to stand up Video Teleconference (VTC) and UC connections across geographically disperse locations.
Duties may include:
- Schedule and manage telephone meetings using phone conference, VTC, and UC systems
- Troubleshoot problems such as joining, conducting, and participating in phone conference, VTC, and UC meetings
- Support various operations and maintenance (O&M) tasks for a variety of media systems, including live and delayed streaming broadcasts
- Perform system integrity and connectivity tests to ensure system availability
- Assess and report on performance and usage numbers
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5+ yrs of IT related work experience
- Experience with Video Teleconference (VTC) and Unified Communications (UC) technologies
- Experience with media/VTC/UC vendors and technologies such as Polycom, Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business), VBrick, Sonus, Cisco, Ectocryp, Acano, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VTC service and support to include scheduling, monitoring, administrative support and technical assistance to VTC customers across multiple sites.
- Outstanding customer service skills, and experience fielding and troubleshooting customer questions and issues
- Experience supporting communications/media systems such as: phone conference systems, VTC systems, UC interfaces, live and delayed streaming video, and digital signage technologies
- Effective verbal and written communications, including preparing and delivering written and graphical presentations to senior management
- Strong work ethic and positive, team-focused attitude
- Experience working in a large enterprise customer environment
- Experience with media technologies such as Microsoft Lync, Sonus VX900, VBrick
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Clarksburg, WV - West Virginia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics