District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Associate Engineer, Network
General Dynamics Information Technology
Concentration on VoIP.
Typical activities of the journeyman network engineer; assists with:
• Install new CAT6/fiber optic infrastructure throughout the CJIS facility.
•Inspect sites to determine physical configuration, such as device locations and conduit pathways.
• Work with personnel and facilities management staff to install, remove or relocate user connectivity equipment and devices.
• Test circuits and components of malfunctioning telecommunications equipment to isolate sources of malfunctions, using test meters, circuit diagrams, polarity probes and other hand tools.
• Maintain inventory of telecommunications equipment, including cabling, cable trays, service/junction boxes and termination modules.
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
• Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
• Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
• Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
• Test repaired, newly installed, or updated equipment to ensure that it functions properly and conforms to specifications, using test equipment and observation.
• Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability or compatibility with existing systems. • Analyze test readings, computer printouts and trouble reports to determine equipment repair needs and required repair methods.
• Maintain inventory of telecommunications equipment, including cabling, cable trays, service/junction boxes and termination modules. General expected competencies: - provide high-level technical analysis of network design associated with planning and implementation of engineered design to meet objectives. - provide engineering technical support as directed to include development, integration, deployment, operations, maintenance planning support, and documentation.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-3 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- possess in-depth network engineering and enterprise troubleshooting skills.
- possess strong skills and understanding of Cisco switching, routing, firewalls, Intrusion Detection System, and network management and monitoring including OPNET.
- Has a strong understanding of DNS, email, web, and file proxies
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Security:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Location: Clarksburg, WV - West Virginia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics