District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
OPS GRP Team Chief - MCTP (Functional/Multifunctional Brigades)
General Dynamics Information Technology
Provide support services for MCTP Operation Groups (OPSGRP) simulation command post exercises to train Functional and Multi-Functional Brigades during Warfighter and Mission Rehearsal Exercises. Provide directed support services to the OPSGRP Commander; coordinate the efforts of military analysts in the research; scenario development; HICOM operations orders development; and analysis of training unit orders; plan; prepare; document; and execute contractor supported exercises to OPSGRP-S activities; manage Work Cell Controllers in the replication of response cells to drive the exercise; observe unit training and operations to ensure adherence to U.S. Joint and Army doctrine; policies; and procedures to support After Action Review (AAR) analysis. As Team Chief responsible for the daily operations; training and professional development of assigned military analysts. Ultimately responsible for ensuring a seamless and accurate simulation exercise to achieve unit training and learning objectives.
Provides military subject matter expertise to assigned programs.
1. Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training; tactical/operational documentation; military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches; identifies; and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion. Gathers; processes; and analyzes operational data.
3. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
4. Identifies and recommends emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
5. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures; presentations; and training materials.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task leader.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
� Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited institution.� Intermediate Level Education (MEL4) or equivalent graduate.� Highly desirable War College (MEL 1) graduate or equivalent.
? Former field grade officer in one of the following branches: Air Defense Artillery; Chemical; Engineer; Military Intelligence; or Military Police. Highly desirable to be retired colonel (O-6) equivalent or above.
? Successfully served in a key developmental position at brigade/battalion level. Highly desirable to have served on division/corps level staff.
? Deployment experience: OEF; OIF; OND; Similar.
? 10-15 years of related experience supporting military operations.
? Familiar with Army/Joint doctrine; experience in simulation training and simulation programs used for Army training.
? Scenario development experience and familiar with MS Office Suite or software.
? Hands on experience in the assembly and presentation of After Action Reviews (AARs).
Travel: Yes; 50 % of the Time Must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Fort Leavenworth, KS - Kansas
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics