District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
General Dynamics Information Technology
Provides installation; maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
Typical Duties Include:
* Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs and peripherals, such as printers
* Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades
* Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues
* Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
* Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
* Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
* Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops; servers; and related peripherals like printers; scanners; drives; monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
6. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience. Required Certification: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7; Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 10
1-3 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
At least five years of experience with the specific types of business systems, hardware and networking services utilized by the Government is required. Demonstrated leadership also is required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Hunter AAF, GA - Georgia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics