District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Associate Electrical Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology
1. Assist in generation and/or maintenance of Combat System Cable Block Diagrams (CBD), Cable Installation / Interconnection Drawings (CIID); including Cable Running Sheets (CRS), Minimum Data Sets (MDS) and Cable Impact Statements (CIS).
2. Review Combat System vendor design documentation for completeness and compatibility with prescribed ship builder specification, standards and requirements.
3. Assist in integration of Combat System cabling into shipboard and land site cabling environments.
4. 4. Support performance testing and qualification of electrical interface components.
BS in Electrical Engineering, System Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
1. 0-2 years of experience with electrical and/or systems integration; with knowledge of USN surface ship combat system equipment and land site simulators.
2. 2. Knowledge of both military and commercial electrical interface protocols, Combat System integration criteria, equipment interaction methods, major signal flows, as well as, USN and commercial Shipbuilding Specifications.
3. 3. Basic understanding of the AEGIS Combat System program philosophies including the Shipbuilders’ role, the role of the major equipment vendors of the ACS, and the role of the Land Sites as Development, Test, Acceptance, Production, and Training facilities for AEGIS.
4. 4. Basic knowledge of both military and commercial cables and connectors, including material types and the advantages of each.
5. 5. Good understanding of commercial technologies and specifications for digital, video, and communication systems.
6. 6. Strong initiative characteristics and interpersonal skills, including ability to write detailed reports and effectively prepare and give presentations.
7. 7. Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
1. Strong knowledge of various network types, current commercial trends in this field, as well as the cabling materials required to support
2. Experience interfacing with Naval organizations and basic knowledge of their functional structure a plus
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Camden, NJ - New Jersey
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics