District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Systems Administrator - Secret (TS/SCI Eligible) - Ft. Huachuca, AZ
General Dynamics Information Technology
Secret Clearance (TS/SCI Eligible)
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
The DCGS-A Integration Systems Administrator will be part of the IT engineering team responsible for the infrastructure supporting integration, testing, and cyber security of the DCGS-A family of products. Generally speaking the Systems Administrator:
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Specifically the Integration Team Systems Administrator will:
1. Work in a primarily Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 environment ensuring continuous access to capabilities for all supported users as well as maintain SQL database.
2. Directly support all basic user administration functions including client and end point device support.
3. Assist with a team in planning, designing, and deploying computer baseline settings using Army Golden Master (AGM) server 2012 R2 / Windows 7.
4. Support the Operating System (OS) provisioning / patching infrastructure (WDS, IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, ect.) as it applies to mandatory security updates to the enterprise in addition to offering recommendations for improving/enhancing the current software distribution processes and procedures.
5. Assist in maintaining hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, UCS blade storage, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking.
6. Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure.
7. Gain or improve working familiarity with other data center / enterprise technologies (VMware, Linux, etc.) and IA requirements (RMF, DICAP, ODAA) as needed.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 3 years of professional work experience is required. Three additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for degree.
2. DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified--baseline security certification (e.g. Security+ CE) and technical computing environment training or certification (e.g. Server+) required on first day of work.
3. Secret Clearance required. TS/SCI eligibility based on final work assignment.
4. At least 1 year of experience with an automated patching system i.e. IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, Altirus, or Puppet.
5. In-depth working knowledge of enterprise supporting operating systems i.e. Microsoft Windows 7, 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, or Linux.
6. Demonstrated experience working in a VMware virtualized DoD environment.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Group Policies, Exchange, and other Windows Server roles.
1. MCSE or other related Microsoft certification.
2. CCNA or other networking certification.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, and network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX).
4. Working knowledge of storage systems and automation.
5. Experience in scripting (VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.).
6. Experience in SharePoint server administration.
7. Military experience desired. Completion of U.S military NCO or Senior NCO Academy Course or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is preferred.
8. Exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and results-focused mindset are highly desirable.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ - Arizona
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics