District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
DCGS-A DST Test Engineer - Secret (TS/SCI Eligible) - Ft. Huachuca, AZ
General Dynamics Information Technology
DCGS-A DST Test Engineer
Secret (TS/SCI Eligible)
Ft. Huachuca, AZ
As a DCGS-A DST test engineer supporting the DCGS-A Sustainment team you will work individually and as part of a team to design and comprehensively execute tests related to current and future versions of cross domain systems and software, and the documentation supporting them.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents mainframe-resident and client/server applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Writes and updates technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Specifically the DST Test Engineer will:
1. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan the translation of software requirements into functioning code for DCGS-A Fixed systems by assessing and communicating recommendations and levels of effort and risk.
2. Completely install and configure supported systems and their network connectivity as part of the testing process, and as preparation for testing of the running systems.
3. Utilize subject matter expertise to seek out software, configuration and documentation defects not previously anticipated or captured in formal test plans.
4. Execute formal and informal tests with objectivity and strict attention to detail.
5. Accurately record the results of tests, clearly communicate the findings by verbal and written means to multiple levels of stakeholders, and assist in the analysis of causes and solutions.
6. Assist software developers on the team with testing activities tailored to troubleshoot and debug code actively under development.
7. Comply with ISD PPSS Lifecycle requirements for software baseline handoffs to configuration management, integration and independent testing.
8. Test third party and in-house developed software utilities used in support of Sustainment activities.
9. Perform troubleshooting activities such as problem validation and error replication to assist in the resolution of issues reported by end users.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related computer programming experience.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 5 years related programming experience or 9 years combined education and experience in lieu of degree.
2. At least 2 years’ experience in UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows administration (preferably Solaris, Red Hat and Windows Server), including activities such as operating system installation, configuration and patching, and application installation and configuration.
3. Experience with performance profiling of systems, applications and functions in terms of multiple metrics (e.g. memory, storage and CPU utilization, time).
4. At least 2 years demonstrated experience with SQL database administration.
5. Experience with performance profiling of systems, applications and functions in terms of multiple metrics (e.g. memory, storage and CPU utilization, time).
6. Understanding of networking technologies.
7. DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certified--baseline security certification (e.g. Security+ CE) and technical computing environment training or certification (e.g. Server+) required.
8. Secret clearance required. TS/SCI Eligibility needed based on final work assignment.
1. At least 2 years experience with either DCGS-A V3 or another DCGS-A family system.
2. At least 2 years software development experience in UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows shell scripting languages such as Flex ActionScript, Groovy, Java Script, MSBuild scripts, PERL, Python, Bash, etc. with applicability to DCGS-A v3 development.
3. Experience in UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows coding (Solaris, Red Hat and Windows Server preferred), including compiled languages such as C, C#, C# (.Net 3.5), C++, Fortran, Java, Scala, etc. with applicability to DCGS-A v3 development, and object-oriented methodologies.
4. Experience with SQL and/or PL/SQL database administration.
5. Experience developing utilities in a MS Windows environment.
6. Experience developing automated testing mechanisms.
7. Demonstrated ability to utilize virtualization technologies (preferably VMware) in a development and testing environment.
8. Knowledge of DoD messaging and classification marking.
9. Military experience desired. Completion of U.S military NCO or Senior NCO Academy Course or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is preferred.
10. Exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and results-focused mindset are highly desirable.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ - Arizona
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics