District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Sr Designer, Web
General Dynamics Information Technology
Maintains hardware and software critical to the functionality of the organization's website. Monitors usage and performance, creates and maintains backups, and troubleshoots and resolves issues as they arise. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field to include creating and modifying access policies. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish all tasks associated with the Internet/Intranet environments to include IIS. Perform server operating system and application software implementations and upgrades. Create and maintain complex directory structures and file security. Maintain and administer the production and development web environments. This includes assisting programmers in configuring and placing applications into the web environment. Troubleshoot web applications and IIS problems to provide solutions in a time critical manner. Gather and track OS and web services Performance Monitor and other logs to optimize systems throughput and reliability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Familiar with SharePoint 2010 & 2013
* Requires sound knowledge of website development and design
* Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
* Read and interpret HTML and scripts
* Identify and troubleshoot server related problems to include hardware and operating system infrastructure
* Evaluate and identify ways to automate, streamline, and improve the day-to-day server maintenance and administrative practices
* Design, implement and operate highly reliable and feature-rich servers and applications
* Work independently with minimum supervision
* Act swiftly and accurately in a calm, professional manner to correct any disruption that may occur to servers
Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts or Graphic Design, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related web design experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Tampa, FL - Florida
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics