District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
General Dynamics Information Technology
Execute all phases of software life cycle development according to CMMI standards, standard operating procedures, generate detail/summary plans of actions and milestones; facilitate requirements management/gathering sessions; generate/execute systems specification documents, systems level views/operational level views and technical views, generate/execute technical design documents, generate/execute test plans/cases (unit and system integration);
1. Generate/execute implementation plans write/modify code, perform technical analysis design, code, and document (technical) the development and maintenance of software applications and systems which includes Application software written in many language such as VS COBOL II, Natural and IBM 360 Assembler, JAVA, C, C++, .Net, Oracle Developer Suite tools, Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, COBOL, COBOL with ADABAS Direct Calls, MQ Series, Data Query, Job Control Language (JCL), Oracle Forms/Reports, Extensible Markup language (XML), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Secure data transmission (secure file gateway, secure file transfer protocol (sftp), Public Key infrastructure (PKI/Single Sign-on), Web/Batch, TSQL, XML, COGNOS, APEX, VB.NET, C# and Time Sharing Option (TSO),
2. Perform direct calls to databases such as ADABASE, Oracle, SQL Server, IBM Web Sphere, and DATACOM DB.
3. Perform software development life cycle activities following CMMI protocol to include but not limited to: Analysis, Design, Programming and development of testing plans to include providing requirements traceability matrices, Implementation/Release, Training and Documentation.
4. Utilizing Best business practices such as Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK), Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3.0, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), Lean Six Sigma, Agile methodologies and other best practices
5. Analyze log/error files to determine cause of problem and implementing a solution to resolve without major impact to software operations
6. Utilizing software configuration management principles/software including, but not limited to, CC Harvest/CACSM, Endevor and NATURAL N2O configuration management tools.
7. Implement an SQA program and monitor execution of software utilizing CMMI standards, configuration management, and effective measurements.
8. Utilizing Common Access Card (CAC)/server-to-server authentication technologies to design and implement application software solutions.
9. Solving simple, intermediate and complex technical or production problems/software changes via software development or maintenance
10. Generating Business cases, point papers, recommendations and other technical advice to ensure an integrated solution is reached and does not compromise existing business. Generating documentation/artifacts to support/sustain best business practices
11. Developing/maintaining software in accordance to DoD and C4 policies,
12. Knowledge of the following tools: CA ENDEVOR, CCC HARVEST/CACSM, NATURAL N20, File AID, EXPEDITOR, TOAD, ORACLE DEVELOPMENT SUITE, Pro C complier, IBM 360 ASSEMBLER COMPILER, VS II COBOL COMPILER, XML parsers, MQ Series, Integrated Development environments (IDE)(JDeveloper, Eclipse,etc.), ime Sharing Option (TSO), Job Control Language (JCL), Bugzilla
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Prefered knowledge in providing Information Technology (IT) Service Support; Analytical and Programming Support;, specifically, the Enterprise Support Division (ESD); Software Support Division (SSD); Command Support Division (CSD); Enterprise Architecture Division (EAD); and Operations
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL): The contractor shall be required to provide employees who are ITIL Foundation Certified and Practitioner Certified in Change and Release Management.
DOD 8570 cert.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Albany, GA - Georgia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics