District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Sr Technician, Network
General Dynamics Information Technology
* Works with the government leadership as the focal point for problem resolution and is a primary point of contact for problems relating to AFNet issues and AFNet user issues on virtual suite management/maintenance.
* Coordinates with HQ/base CFPs, or CSTs for physical resolution, as required.
* Executes tasks as coordinated with ESU, INE, ASE, MSE, MCCC, CFP, AFRC bases, etc… on day-to-day support/maintenance activities on the servers and services.
* Coordinates with appropriate agency to ensure backups and monitoring is being accomplished.
* Coordinates, documents, tests, validates, and deploys new technology, as required.
* Provides physical server support, as required.
* Utilizes Remedy to document, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user issues.
* Utilizes Remedy to open, document, coordinate, route, resolve, close server/services tickets.
* Achieves and maintains 8570 certification requirements.
* Maintains proficiency and knowledge on latest technological efforts, to include VMWare, Hyper-V, and PowerShell.
* Conducts/assists with installs/configurations of the hardware and software for appropriate servers to Air Force specifications.
* Must be able to travel and assist AFRC bases in virtual management issues, installs, projects, etc.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
DOD 8570 IAT Level 2 Certification Required: example - Security Plus
Current secret security clearance required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Robins AFB, GA - Georgia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics