District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Mission Support Operator
General Dynamics Information Technology
Provides 24/7 Tier 0-2 operational support to customers and users in the field for detection, isolation, and resolution of ground/space segment problems and serves as first responder and ‘one-stop shop’ for all site issues, requiring a broad level of knowledge of high priority systems across a multi-location enterprise. Duties include monitoring, recognition, evaluation, and correction of system and network problems. You will interface with the site Mission Directors, Mission Controllers, external sites and/or system operators as required for real-time detection, isolation, and resolution of problems, and serve as backup support to engineering crew. Provide Network monitoring, troubleshooting and Testing and Analysis on a myriad of weapons systems and critical physical infrastructure (HVAC, Power, UPS, etc). A good system administration (Linux or Windows) or Networking background is preferable.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* 24/7 Operational Support to customers and users in the field
* Using SolarWinds (and other monitoring tools) to monitoring internal and external network connectivity, current status on IT infrastructure (utilizing ping, SNMP traps, customer scripts) – and utilizing established TTP’s to respond to issues
* Provide support to Networking team, including Layer 1/2/3 type activities and documentation/design
* Perform analysis (in both real-time and post-event) on key mission capabilities and provide feedback to internal and external customers
* Perform daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly functional checks on systems and capabilities, also perform inspections on critical hardware and infrastructure
* Have a working knowledge of critical physical infrastructure (including HVAC, Power, UPS, etc) that is utilized to support mission operations
* Provide support to the Engineering staff for testing and validation of new software releases and network connections
* Support Configuration Management functions (Incidents, Assets) utilizing BMC Remedy
* Respond to customer voice and electronic support requests
* Respond to real time, mission critical situations (response defined in minutes)
* Participate in internal and external scheduled exercises
* Create, maintain and update mission relevant documentation
8-10 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Livermore, CA - California
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics