District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Senior Systems Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology
This Senior Systems Engineer role focuses on the design and delivery of complex IT solutions essential for supporting multiple enclaves for enterprise operations. This role is that of a subject matter expert on virtualization technologies (Hyper-V and VMware), advanced Microsoft Windows Server technologies, SAN solutions, and datacenter blade server and switch technologies. The core responsibilities are datacenter centric pertaining to the physical infrastructure through end user core services.
Knowledge; Skills and Abilities
* DOD 8570 IAT Level II required (Level III preferred)
* Strong Experience with Microsoft Server technologies that spans multiple flavors of server OS
* Extensive experience in Microsoft Active Directory administration to include Group Policy Management; DNS; DHCP; and Identity & Credential Management
* Strong experience with server virtualization (VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V)
* Experience with management of Storage Area Networking environments (NetAPP)
* Experience with Cisco datacenter technologies to include UCS and NX-OS.
* Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
* Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
* Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
* Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#dpost #cjpost #ARMA
Location: Fayetteville, NC - North Carolina
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics