District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
General Dynamics Information Technology
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Provides expert level architecture and analysis of voice and data communication networks to include devising a strategy for evaluating, designing, executing, and overall enhancing the SOCOM Information Environment (SIE) networks. Interfaces with Senior Government leadership regarding enterprise equipment and networking standards as well as approvals for network enhancements. Assesses and advises on matters such as the security posture, enterprise governance, and policies on security, operating, and extending the network. Leads an engineering team that provides engineering support as it relates to network activities via the Service Design, Transition, and Continual Service Improvement (CSI) phases of the Service Management Lifecycle.
- Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Analyzes, architects, and enhances the voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyze, evaluate, and execute developmental activities that improve reliability, redundancy, and availability of all transmission facilities including, but not limited to: point-to-point circuits; dedicated Internet connections; broadband Internet connections; Internet based VPNs, and wireless communications connections.
- Provides security and compliance recommendations for network policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software as it relates to SIE standards and procurement, and manages the Capital Equipment Replacement Program (CERP) for all networking devices.
- Advises on enterprise-designated network standards for design, installation, maintenance, and retrofit of WAN/LAN infrastructures.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations, upgrades, and projects.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure the proper coordination occurs for installing new services and associated devices.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- May manage the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Provides guidance, and in some cases OJT, and work leadership to less-experienced technicians
- Participate in the Service Improvement Plan (SIP) process, special projects (e.g. 501B), and proposal activities as required.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
-May perform network administration duties. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as technical team or task leader. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline. Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field Direct Experience will be considered in lieu of degree on a case-by-case basis.
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE; Routing/Switching) certification required
- Applicable IT industry-recognized DoDD 8570 IAT/IAM level III Certification required
- Experienced Networking Professional with expertise in supervision of personnel and project management.
- Extensive background in Cisco Systems with a focus in routing and switching, firewalls, Call Managers, and configuration and management of VPN.
- Extensive experience in unified coimmunications, encryption devices, and satellite communications.
- Applicable IT industry-recognized DoDD 8570 certification required
- This position may require shift and weekend work
- This position may require short-term deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide, and may include hazardous duty areas
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: MacDill AFB, FL - Florida
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics