District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
General Dynamics Information Technology
With minimal supervision, the PM will:
Work closely with the government to support and develop the Specialized Automated Mission Systems-Enhanced Situation Awareness (SAMS-ESA) systems from requirement to delivery to operational support and lifecycle sustainment. Works as a member of a diverse IT engineering, testing and support team to ensure all operating mission nodes (operations centers, airborne weapon systems, ground teams, and other) can interoperate and execute synchronized mission activities via their mission systems connected through various mission networks. Ensures systems are interoperable and networked within and external to AFSOF, especially between AF and SOF systems. Integrates conventional, special operations, and other systems and applications into light, lean, integrated, interoperable, and scalable packages that are used in-garrison and deployed. Provides higher order systems and IT engineering, analysis, and baseline systems development for AFSOF C2MS employment. Provides Tier I through III support to the operations team for all SAMS-ESA software and hardware suites, including SAMS-ESA, SAMS Tactical Ground Gateway Radio Suite (SAMS-TGGRS), and other designated C2 Mission Systems. Works with engineering staff in all functional areas to ensure full support and integration of all SAMS, AFSOF unique components, and government systems of record, to include: SAMS-TGGRS, and SAMS-ESA client builds. Leads small to moderate sized projects, and ensures deliverables and timelines are met in accordance with the project plan. Mentors SAMS-ESA operations staff on IT engineering and integration principles and support for newly engineered SAMS systems. Provides training to government and technical staff on SAMS systems. Assists the C2MS team to ensure all contractual obligations and objectives are met in accordance with the Statement of Work and functional area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Self-starter, motivated, shows initiative, and learns fast
2. Possess knowledge of computer security policy, procedures, and protective measures
3. Demonstrated project and resource management understanding and resource planning to facilitate long range planning and life cycle support of fielded systems
4. Demonstrated knowledge/experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
5. Ability to work on multiple projects, managing multiple stakeholders/product owners simultaneously
6. Experience as an operational team leader supporting United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
7. Mission planning experience in a Special Operations Forces (SOF) environment with a working knowledge of automated mission planning tools in operational environments including the use of threat data, automated intelligence feeds, global positioning system devices, tactical communications equipment, and Blue Force Tracking devices
8. An in-depth knowledge of the AFSOC organizational structures, intelligence structures, functions and procedures, as well as command relationships and responsibilities
9. Familiar with the wide range of AFSOC weapon systems and their deployment in Special Operations environments
10. Working knowledge of SADL, PRC-117G, PRC-152A and AFTRS-R radios, and understand their operational employment and the capability provided to the warfighter
11. Ability to author, edit, and review technical/engineering documents and business processes to ensure continuity, compliance with DoDAF standards and system lifecycle sustainment
12. Familiar with procedures pertaining to AF flightline maintenance to include tool control, standard flightline safety procedures, AF 781 Forms, and integration with AF maintenance units
13. Possess knowledge of development, testing and documentation procedures for new AFSOC in-flight systems.
14. Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills, follow through, is detail-oriented and organized.
15. Provides technical guidance and leadership to IT engineers and operational support personnel.
16. Ability to support 24x7 work schedule, shift work and deploy as required in support of customer initiatives and missions; *Normal business hours are the standard, but flexibility needed to support a dynamic customer
1. Prior SOF aircrew
2. Advanced knowledge of Airborne C2 systems, Radio Frequency and Datalink communications
3. Radio, crypto configuration, and loading knowledge
4. Familiar with the actions required to forward deploy contractors OCONUS and to combat AORs
5. Undergraduate/Graduate Degree in a related engineering discipline
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.2. Certification in one or more of the following: PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, CSP
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL - Florida
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics