District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Sr Functional Analyst
General Dynamics Information Technology
Contract: Worldwide Systems Field Software Support
Position: DCGS-A Fixed, (Sr) Functional Analyst, Senior/ Lead
* GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army’s Communications-Electronics Command’s (CECOM) Software Engineering Center’s (SEC) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers software to enable the Expeditionary Army while supporting the SEC mission of ensuring operational readiness by developing, providing, integrating and maintaining Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Logistics and Business software.
* GDIT support to the SEC covers a wide range of garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies to the users of strategic and tactical command, control, communication, and computer (C4), business, and logistics management systems.
* GDIT support will be provided to the various functional areas within the CECOM SEC to include Regional Field Support, Operations Center, and world-wide Customer Support Center offices established by SEC Field Support Division (FSD).
* Candidates will:
* Analyze and manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems, and suggest emerging technological advances that may improve current platforms.
* Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to users on a larger grouping of systems; supports multiple end-users at Brigade/Division level.
Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Be capable of supervising a local team of field software service engineers and field service analysts and managing process improvement.
Possess exceptional oral and written communications skills and the ability to work independently, with minimal direction; self-motivated and results-focused mindset are a must.
Prepare status report as well as briefings for the customer and upper management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.
Maintain compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.
Be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations.
DCGS-A Fixed, (Sr) Functional Analyst Requirements / Skill Sets
* Conducts functional testing of Military Intelligence systems, and write and update system documentation, procedures and training materials.
* Analysis of user requirements and determine functional requirements to customize, maintain, and install ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.
* Configure LDAP and maintain DCGS-A accounts and resolves any DCGS-A account related issues.
* Responsible for functional testing and implementation of backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.
* Install, maintain and configure DNS Servers and maintain host configuration.
* Perform daily checks on DCGS-A applications and tools and resolve any errors to ensure availability.
* Monitor and configure Safemove data replication.
* Knowledge of client and server software interaction including web-based application design, support, and integration.
* Software, hardware, and network troubleshooting and problem resolution.
* Experience with remote system administration software.
* Basic networking principles and system network configuration.
* Assist Information Assurance staff with all documentation required for accreditation and any other associated directives and regulations.
* Understands Information Assurance methodology and security principles.
* Perform Retina scans and implement information assurance security procedures and resolve findings.
* Performs post software installation upgrades and IAVA patching.
* Provide documentation and remediation for IA findings.
* Update IA required documentation to include; POAM and SVDD.
Desirable system/application experience:
* DCGS-A V3.1.x WSS administration experience.
* Intelligence software applications such as ArcGIS suite, Analyst Notebook, QueryTree, Distributed Integration Backbone (DIB).
* Oracle Databases, Oracle RAC, and Oracle client installation/configuration
* JAVA and/or XML script creation
* Maintaining virtual machine servers in a provided VMware Environment.
* May require performing development and deployment activities associated with Java programming, and scripting/programming and integrating programs in an XML environment.
* May require Experience programming for integration with popular database management engines such as Oracle, SQL SVR, and MySQL.
* May require knowledge of networking and Storage Area Network (SAN).
* DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification is required
* Required Security Environment Certification:
* CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
* Minimum Computing Environment (CE) Certification:
* Comptia Server +, or
* Comptia Linux +
* Preferred CE: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or
* Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), or
* Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
*** All applicants must possess a current Top Secret/SCI security clearance. ***
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or any other Scientific or Technical discipline is required, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and work/military experience. Military Experience is desired. Completion of U.S. Military Service NCO or Senior NCO Academy Course or Officer Basic or Advanced Course is desirable. Minimum of 5-years of functional analyst experience on Military Intelligence (MI) systems. Four additional years of applicable experience may be substituted for the degree.
5-8 years of related experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#djobs #dpost #cjpost #rcellich #clearedjobs #jobopening #clearancejobs
#defensejobs #jobs #itjobs #techjobs #tsjobs #tsscijobs #tssci #topsecretjobs #scijobs #armajobs #gdjobs #jobposting #jobhuntchat #career#jobsearch #joblisting #nowhiring #jobtips #technologyjobs#jobshiring #ithiring #hiringit #hiring #jobs #techjobs #itsupportjobs #jobsitsupport #itsystemsjobs #systemsadminjobs #dcjobs #dodjobs #vajobs #mdjobs #dmvjobs #beltwayjobs #beltwaycareers #jobseekers #indeed #indeedjobs #monsterjobs #monster #careerbuilder #militaryjobs #jobsformilitary #armyjobs #afjobs #marinejobs #helpdeskjobs #jobshelpdesk #helpdeskcareers #djobs #dpost #cjpost #rcellich #clearedjobs #jobopening #clearancejobs #defensejobs #jobs #itjobs #techjobs #tsjobs #tsscijobs #tssci #topsecretjobs #scijobs #saicjobs #leidosjobs #armajobs #gdjobs #lmitjobs #lmjobs #jobposting #jobhuntchat #career#jobsearch #joblisting #nowhiring #jobtips #technologyjobs#jobshiring #ithiring #hiringit #tweetmyjobs #jobopening #opportunity #employment #rtjobs #jobangels #
Location: Fort Gordon, GA - Georgia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics