District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Video Services Engineer - Fort Bragg, NC
General Dynamics Information Technology
Video Services Engineer
Ft Bragg; NC
Active Clearance Required.
Planning and full lifecycle support for all Video and Audio communications network services; including installation; testing; operation; maintenance; and management of designated video network distribution systems and associated equipment; both garrison and deployed; for all levels of security classification.
This includes; but not limited to video conference bridges; video gateways; audio systems; video walls; video telecommunications (VTC) suites; point-to-point VTC devices; video distribution Multi-Point Control Units (MCUs); full motion video (FMV); and streaming video; and all associated system elements.
Recommend Service Level improvements and upgrades to enhance performance and assist in optimizing video distribution requirements.
- Provide support for all stationary VTC infrastructure equipment and software
- Provide support for deployable VTC systems
- Ensure full interoperability and a seamless connection between all internal and external systems to include; but not limited to; DISN Video Services - Global (DVS-G); NIPRNET; SIPRNET; and JWICS
- Review VTC user request; schedule and manage VTC sessions with the Tandberg Management Suite (TMS)
- Provide pre-conference testing and setup for video teleconferences and/or meetings.
- Analyze; test; modify and manage VTC infrastructure; such as MCUs and gatekeepers.
1. Performs basic systems development and design work that may include logic design; I/O design; firmware development; model formulation; computer architecture analysis and design; and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling; simulation; and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Provides technical support; diagnoses and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
7. Provides assistance to higher-level systems engineers.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science; Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical training; or work/military experience.
0-2 years of related Video services engineering experience.
- Experience with installation; configuration and maintenance requirements of end-user devices (including desktop systems); video bridges and single/multi-point control units
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Special Operations community; operations; processes and culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Understand change management procedures to include scheduling outages in advance with the Government and coordinating with impacted sites/functions
- Technically relevant Industry certification
- Security + certification
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification
- TS/SCI Clearance Required - Applicable IT industry-recognized DoDD 8570 certification required - This position may require shift work and weekend work - This position may require deployments to CONUS and OCONUS locations worldwide; and may include ha
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Fort Bragg, NC - North Carolina
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics