District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
IA and Cyber Security Services Lead
General Dynamics Information Technology
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Act as the lead for all team members working on the site. Approve Timecards and perform or assist with performing annual employee reviews, assist with hiring, and the management of Service Delivery for this Task Order.
Specific Tasks for this position in which the candidate will be responsible for providing to the government, include but are not limited to the following.
IA Compliance – Ensure all HNCOI supported systems (to include networked and standalone) meet the DoD Cyber Security Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoDI 8500.2, Intelligence Community directive (ICD) 503, or the most current standards, and Air Force and guidance that are applicable to cybersecurity operational and oversight management.
Risk Management Framework– Support and oversee all HNC systems throughout the RMF process. Track process, procedures, coordinate with Program Managers (PMs), and report to the Government Information System Security Manager (ISSM) and Cyber Security Liaison (CSL), as required.
Vulnerability Compliance Monitoring and Support – Maintain, monitor and assist Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) IA Vulnerability Bulletin (IAVB) Technical Orders (TO), and Time Compliance Networking Orders (TCNOs), requirements to ensure all systems are in compliance.
STIG compliance – Ensure all STIGs apply to systems, software, and configurations. Report results as required by Program Managers and Authorizing Officials (AOs).
TEMPEST – Ensure all supported systems and facilities comply with TEMPEST requirements.
Analysis of Networks/Systems/Workstations - Provide monthly analysis of networks, systems, and workstations to determine potential vulnerabilities. Analysis shall include recommendations and corrective actions necessary to mitigate or eliminate vulnerabilities.
Insider Threat and Media Control - Ensure all media entered into customer spaces are accounted for and in accordance with DoD, Air Force regulations, and local policy/instructions. Serve as a focal point for media control and distribution for the organization.
Ticketing System - Utilize approved Air Force ticketing system (currently Remedy on NIPRNET/SIPRNET) to create, modify, resolve, and complete all work orders within the allotted service priority matrix. Utilize the approved JWICS/NSA ticketing system or helpdesk to report issues associated with JWICS/NSANET. Ensure all tickets are accurately annotated, reviewed on a daily basis, and are properly routed to the appropriate personnel/organization. Utilize existing problem prevention and workload reduction techniques. Recommend enhancements to existing techniques and recommend new techniques to Government staff.
Reporting - Provide weekly report, to the Communication Systems Officer (CSO) and Contracting Officer Representative (COR) of status of all supported systems within the organization and supported sections.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. Six years of experience may be used in place of the degree for this position.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Shall have and maintain current IAM Level II baseline certification, with a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certfication.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Security:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Location: San Antonio, TX - Texas
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics