District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Compartmented Plans Regional Subject Matter Experts
General Dynamics Information Technology
The Compartmented Plans Regional MSE provides regional Subject Matter Experts to provide geo-political advice and draft strategic/regional studies and assessments to cover the Chairman’s “Five Challenges” of Russia, China, Iran, North Korea and Countering Violent Extremism Organizations.
The Contractor shall assist J51 Compartmented Plans to organize, focus and synchronize the USSOCOM Enterprise’s requirements associated with the “Five Challenges” strategic planning efforts, integrating and assisting the command’s Trans-Regional Support Teams (TRST).
The CP Regional SME:
* Support strategic/studies and assessments for the analysis, assessment, and synchronization of the command strategic documents and to increase situational awareness.
* Assist Government personnel in leading joint planning groups and cross functional teams from across the command, coordinating with Geographic Combatant Commands, Theater Special Operations Commands, other military organizations, and the interagency.
* Draft, coordinate, and assist in implementation of operational plans and policies for the Command.
* Draft and coordinate future plans and strategy, and effectively advise USSOCOM leadership on how to leverage U.S. Government, Interagency, and private-sector capacity in support of the command mission.
* Provide written and oral feedback on existing OPLANS, CONPLANS, Campaign Plans and other planning products, and assist with plan staffing, updating, refinement, and coordination.
* Brief senior leaders on the status of TRST efforts.
* Draft, coordinate, and assist in the implementation of strategy, policy, future plans, and operations.
Master’s Degree in a field directly related to Russia, China, Iran, or Korea or minimum of 3 years’ of experience working in one of the countries of interest or within a CVEO focused organization or minimum of 3 years residing in Russia, China, Iran, or DPRK immersed in the cultures of that country.
* DoD or government equivalent Level 2 verbal and reading language skills for one of the target country SME positions below. Level 2 certification must be within the last three years. Acceptable languages are as follow:
* Russia SME: Russian
* China SME: Mandarin or Cantonese
* DPRK SME: Korean
* Iran SME: Farsi, Pashto or Kurdish
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience as either:
* A military, government, or International Organization official, working in an organization focused on Russia, China, Iran, DPRK, or Counter-Violent Extremist Organization (CVEO), or
* Cultural/geo-political expert working in the US government or a think tank relevant to one of the five areas, or
* Foreign Area Officer experience dealing with one of the five areas.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience drafting publication quality documents on topics associated with one of the five areas.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing geo-political expertise and conducting strategic/regional studies and assessments within one of the five areas.
* Minimum of 1 years’ experience:
* Reviewing and editing national level strategic documents, or
* Working in support of mission, organization and interrelationships of DOD, Joint Staff, interagency working groups or other Government agencies/activities, or
* Working with national policies and Government agencies/activities supporting development, coordination, and implementation of operational plans and policies for a Combatant Command.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Tampa, FL - Florida
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics