District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Principal Software Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology
ARMA-Global is seeking a senior software developer with expertise in web and mobile application development who has extensive experience with development of one or more of the following areas of expertise: presentation (GUI), security, application and database layers. Candidates must also have experience maintaining software applications, testing applications, generating APIs as well as the ability to identify and rectify bugs. The focus of these positions is on web applications and Android/iOS mobile platforms. However, there are many other exciting programming opportunities within this task order. The developer will provide full lifecycle software development to include requirements gathering, design, development, testing, documentation, and training of customers and help desk personnel, configuration, and maintenance of developed software projects. The developer will also the needed technical leadership and mentorship to help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including the establishment of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
2. Working knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Ruby on Rails, web2py, Swift, Xcode, AngularJS
3. Experience or familiarity with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
4. Experience in the development of RESTful architecture based web services utilizing JSON or XML
5. Experience or familiarity with developing cloud hosted applications. Amazon Web Services cloud preferred
6. Experience with SharePoint Design
7. Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux desired
8. Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities including a deep understanding of responsive design techniques
9. Experience or knowledge of agile methodologies such as Scrum
10. Demonstrated expertise selecting and utilizing open source products in applications and solutions.
11. Experience in cross-platform mobile app development (iOS and Android)
12. Pursues ongoing education in technical topics
13. Innovative, and always looking for ways to integrate new technology to solve problems and fill in capability gaps
14. Strong software architecture experience and follows best practices while designing solutions for products ranging from small, individual-focused solutions, to large enterprise-scale solutions that require n-tier infrastructure
15. Ability to look at the big picture while evaluating software requests in order to determine where existing requirements intersect or can be used in conjunction with new products as needed
16. Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
17. Ability to work within a team and respond positively to constructive criticism and suggestions.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience, with a minimum of the last 2 years being in a senior development role.
AWS and Agile Certifications preferred, but not required
DoDI 8570.01m IAT 2 Certification required within first six months
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL - Florida
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics