District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a SharePoint Administrator, duties include but are not limited to new farm installations, farm resource management (disk, memory, etc.), farm configuration management (thresholds, building new elements such as web apps or site collections, etc.), service application management (i.e. ability to install / configure all of the numerous service apps), security / patching, analysis / reporting, documentation of all architectures and procedures, installation / configuration of third-party products and custom development projects, and troubleshooting any issues arising from the infrastructure. An understanding of the topics of High Availability / Disaster Recovery (SQL Server AlwaysOn) and Federation (ADFS) as applied to SharePoint is a plus. These responsibilities include 24x7 on-call support. Additional duties include assisting users, trainers, and specialized Knowledge Management personnel in the use and/or troubleshooting of all aspects of the SharePoint portals.
Knowledge; Skills and Abilities
* DOD 8570 IAT Level II required (Security+)
* SharePoint – Expert level knowledge of SharePoint 2010 and 2013
* Aptitude and desire to attain expert level knowledge of SharePoint 2016 and other collaboration platforms
* Web Applications – troubleshooting configuration, Security, and performance issues
* Experience with server virtualization (VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V preferred)
* Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through. The ability to explain technical issues and concepts to both fellow experts and non-experts both verbally and in writing.
* Solid work ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
* Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#dpost #cjpost #ARMA
Location: Fayetteville, NC - North Carolina
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics