District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
Solution Desk Analyst
General Dynamics Information Technology
Solution Desk Analysts provide phone, email, web, and in-person support to global stakeholders of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in order to support the Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) and the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) mission. Solution Desk Analysts serve as the first point of contact for stakeholders that contribute to and support the domestic and overseas USRAP process and the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS). WRAPS is a web-based case management system and reporting tool that assists in managing refugee processing activities. It is essential that Solution Desk Analysts understand and work within the guidelines of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in order to support the Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) and the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) mission.
Responsibilities: The Solution Desk Analyst will work closely with internal and external stakeholders in support of Refugee Processing:
* Provides timely response and resolution to e-mail and phone support requests regarding both IT related, WRAPS application functionality issues received from the Resettlement Support Centers (RSCs), Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Resettlement Agencies (RAs), and other external and internal partners.
* Follows and adheres to Help Desk standards and practices indicated in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs)
* Capable of utilizing or experience with Help Desk trouble ticketing systems.
* Effectively Documents, Troubleshoots, and Tracks inquiries or issues being received to the Help Desk in order to meet or exceed team/contract (SLAs) Service Level Agreements.
* Reviews application detailed designs for first level analysis of issue reported by the end user. Strives to resolve reported issues during initial stakeholder contact and escalates issues to the appropriate team for further analysis and resolution as required.
* Provides timely/accurate written information in response to inquiries via MS Outlook.
* Exhibits exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to respond quickly and accurately to customer support situations.
* Provides assistance on WRAPS application functions and usage to the end user as well as to other team members.
* Utilizes the WRAPS application for account administration activities such as creation of new accounts, and providing necessary security roles.
* Utilizes configuration management tool to write software change requests for suggested enhancements to the application as well as defect notifications as required.
* Maintains the Help Desk Knowledge Base as required.
* Capable of or have experience utilizing SQL for query and troubleshooting efforts.
* Performs website administration to include user account administration and document posting.
* Provides Microsoft Active Directory user account administration, such as password resets.
• Utilizes SQL Reporting Services to update colleague subscriptions and to run and provide selective reports as required.
An equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience will be considered.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong knowledge and previous international experience specifically with processing refugees preferred.
Location: Arlington, VA - Virginia
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics