District of Columbia
TITLE & LOCATION
CCIE Network Engineer
General Dynamics Information Technology
Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
1. Provides expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Serves as technical team or task leader.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10 Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.
15-20 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
* -CCIE certification (Routing and Switching) required
* -DoD 8570 certified required (Security +)
* -ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred
* -Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations
* -Must be able to evaluate network performance and interact with users to solve complex networking problems
* -Excellent communication skills; shows tact; effective listening skills and follow through
* -May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
* -Must be able to effectively interact with staff from other sections on complex client/server problems
* -Can offer effective solutions that are also practical within system and budget constraints
* -Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network evaluation criteria and be exact in assessments
* -Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
* -Reviews the work of others and is able to detect errors or needed modifications
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Location: Fayetteville, NC - North Carolina
APPLY TO THIS JOB
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY
APPLY TO THIS JOB
Tweets by General Dynamics